1. All WMIDMUN Delegates will comport themselves in a diplomatic way throughout the duration of the conference. This includes time during committee, mealtimes, on buses, and at the social events.
2. Delegates will refrain from behavior that pose a threat to the health or safety of any other delegate or themselves.
3. Drugs and alcohol are strictly prohibited. The College of William & Mary has a smoking ban inside all buildings, including e-cigarettes.
4. The dress code for delegates is Western Business Attire. Delegates are requested to wear coats and ties, or professional suits, dresses, and skirts.
5. The Secretariat reserves the right to immediately expel delegates for unacceptable behavior including, but not limited to: vulgar language, suggestive remarks, obscene gestures or body language, violent physical outbursts, or derogatory comments both in and out of committee.
6. Delegates must be mindful of the noise curfew at the Woodlands and remember to be courteous of other guests staying at the hotel who are not affiliated with the conference. After 10:00 p.m., there should be no delegates congregating in the halls. The Woodlands has the right to ask delegates to leave the hotel for unacceptable/prohibited behavior. All damages to the hotel are the responsibility of the student and his/her sponsor.
7. Visiting students are bound by the College of William & Mary Honor Code, which reads: "As a member of the William & Mary community, I pledge, on my Honor, not to lie, cheat, or steal in either my academic or personal life. I understand that such acts violate the Honor Code and undermine the community of trust of which we are all stewards."
8. The WMIDMUN staff is not responsible for lost or stolen property during the conference. There will be a lost and found located at the conference Registration Desk.
1. Sponsors should be mindful of themselves and their delegates throughout the weekend. A member of the WMIDMUN Secretariat should be contacted if there are any issues with staff or other schools.
2. Sponsors are encouraged to sit in on committee sessions to observe their delegates. Questions regarding appropriate times to observe should be referred to the respective director. Directors reserve the right to ask sponsors to leave the room for periods of time including, but not limited to: voting, unmoderated caucuses, etc. Any disruptions to the flow of committee may result in the director asking a sponsor to leave.
3. A sponsor representative must be present at sponsor meetings, dismissals, and delegate socials. A schedule of events for sponsors will be available 1 week in advance of the conference and readily available throughout the weekend.
4. Sponsors must provide a point of contact available throughout the weekend for emergencies regarding their delegation.
5. Sponsors are expected to follow appropriate protocols for dismissal and buses as set forth by the WMIDMUN Secretariat.
In order to enhance and maintain a productive committee atmosphere, personal communication devices such as cellphones, tablets, and laptops are to be disabled in committee sessions. All cell phones should be silent before the start of committee. Electronic devices may be used outside the committee room if necessary. If a delegate has a medical or family emergency and has a reason to receive a call during committee, please inform the committee director before the session begins. The Secretariat will grant exceptions to this policy if informed of any necessary accommodations prior to conference weekend.
In the event that inclement weather prevents your school from attending WMIDMUN, you will be refunded half of your delegate fees and all meal ticket fees. Unpaid fees exceeding the refunded portion will still be charged.Delegates may attend independent of their school should their school cancel, provided they sign liability forms provided by WMIDMUN. These delegates are responsible for their own delegate fees, including meal tickets and/or any associated late fees.
The Awards Policy shall be updated in the coming weeks.